[asterisk-users] OT But I Would Rather See People Running Asterisk on a "Real" Server than an Emachine

Steve Thomas lists at sthomas.net
Thu Feb 28 12:32:22 CST 2008

 > Subject: I Would Rather See People Running Asterisk
 > on a "Real" Server than an Emachine

It's funny you say that - I've got a 667MHz eMachine with 256mb of RAM
running Trixbox + hylafax/iaxmodem, routing our Internet traffic
w/iptables, proxying the kids' net traffic w/squid, samba... dhcpd...
cvsd... bind... It's chugging along quite nicely.

That said, this is our home setup. I have a couple of small side
businesses (technical consulting & astronomy accessories) which it's
handling the phones for, but our main business is being run off a Dell
PE 6650.

St-