[asterisk-users] Asterisk and Cisco Unity?

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Thu Feb 28 11:06:41 CST 2008

Tony wrote:
> Has anyone here any experience in getting an Asterisk
> box to talk to a Cisco Unity system? I have a
> potential customer who would like to add a conference
> bridge to their existing Cisco Unity setup.

> The digging I have done so far suggests that it should
> be possible to talk SIP between them, but I'd be
> interested in any stories of success or failure.

As Peder mentioned, Unity is only a VM platform.  I actually
started using Asterisk to replace a Cisco Conferencing
package that never worked right.  We have had it running
internally for three+ years now, and have been very happy
with the results.

I am currently using chan_ooh323, but SIP is possible if
you have CCM 4.2 or higher.  You'll also want to run
a later release of Asterisk 1.4 which has a work-around
for an odd CCM hold implementation.

Dan