[asterisk-users] Attended transfers through a GUI

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Wed Feb 27 16:08:56 CST 2008

Chris Bagnall wrote:
> Greetings list,
>
> I've been playing around this afternoon with Flash Operator Panel, trying to
> get it to do attended transfers. I am running the latest version.
>
> Has anyone managed to get this working reliably, and if so, would you mind
> sharing how you did it please?
>
> Alternatively, are there any other GUIs (free or commercial) that reliably
> support attended transfers?
>
> I'm trying to replicate as much of the Avaya Phone Manager application in
> asterisk as possible, and really finding it quite a struggle.

I haven't played with FOP personally, but I wonder if you can just park the
caller, call the party you want to transfer to and then drag/drop the caller
over onto the extension's gui object to do the transfer.

We just finished writing a control panel application for a client for a
linux/gtk based solution:
http://leebo.dreamhosters.com/images/guiApp.png

We retained rights to the business objects used in the application and are
almost finished writing a Windows based solution as well.
http://leebo.dreamhosters.com/images/maestro.jpg

I have to be honest in saying that I never thought of doing attended transfer
through the GUI, but it makes a lot of sense.

According to this recent post to asterisk-dev, native attended transfers are not
possible through the AMI right now without the patch mentioned.  I'm not a
bleeding edge patch type of guy though :(
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2007-August/029206.html

I don't think its a problem for our application since its functionality is
completely derived from user entered AMI commands with variable substitution at
execution time so I would imagine that an originate or redirect to dialplan
logic could achieve this if attended transfers can be initiated from the dialplan.

Anyone know if that is possible?  Maybe by issuing digit tones?

--
Warm Regards,

Lee

"Everything I needed to learn in life, I learned selling encyclopedias door to
door."