[asterisk-users] Simultaneous Inbound and Outbound calls on analoglines...

John Novack novackster at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 16:05:09 CST 2008

James Finstrom wrote:
> This is called glare. What you should do is reverse your outbound hunt. If you dial zap/g0 simply use zap/G0. The capitol G makes the line go 5 4 3 2 1 instead of 1 2 3 4 5. You may still see glare but this usually reduces it.
> James Finstrom
> Rhino Equipment Corp.
> http://www.rhinoequipment.com

Ground start trunks will also help. These used to be quite common with
two way PBX trunks, but as the telephony industry has moved away from
engineers knowledgeable about telephony, they are not as often used any
more. In addition the providers have tended to discourage their use
through pricing.
Best is to use both GS and outbound reverse from inbound hunt.

John Novack

Dog is my co-pilot