[asterisk-users] Simultaneous Inbound and Outbound calls on analog lines...

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Wed Feb 27 14:55:49 CST 2008

Hello! I've run into a problem where a user is making an outbound call at the same time that an inbound call is being made on the same analog line. It appears that as the zap channel is opened for the outbound call, it is simply answering the inbound call. Obviously, both parties involved in the calling get a bit confused. Previously, it happened only on an occasional basis. However, as this installation gets more and more use, we are finding it happens more often. How can this situation be prevented? Shouldn't zaptel see an incoming call and simply choose another trunk? We are running Asterisk 1.2.12.1 and Zaptel 1.2.22.1. Any ideas?!?

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.