[asterisk-users] SPA3102 registration problem

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.to
Wed Feb 27 14:14:50 CST 2008

Quoting Tim Johnson <tjapml at cometonovascotia.ca>:

> I see you put a password line in your sip.conf, but I do not see a
> username line. Also, you might want to check the port #'s for both the
> Line 1 and PSTN line. I use 5060 and 5061, respectively.  Hopefully
> this either helps, or puts you on the right track.

The username is 8000, so I don't believe it's necessary to mention it.
As for the ports, I'm using them in the same way you suggest. Yet it
refuses to work.

My first attempt involved copying my SPA3000's working configuration
to the SPA3102. That didn't work. So, I reset the device and applies a
configuration generated by Voxilla's wizard, which worked for me with
the SPA3000. Not that this has lead to any real differences, but it's
still not working.

There must be something else different about the SPA3102. I did see a
problem with it mentioned somewhere in which it's connection with the
local Asterisk server would fail (I think temporarily) when changes to
the state of its Internet connection occurred (obviously not an issue
with the SPA3000). I hope this has nothing to do with my problem.

Thanks anyway!

Cheers,

Jaap