[asterisk-users] Customer complains of noise on line I cannot reproduce.

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Wed Feb 27 13:11:28 CST 2008

Check for IRQ issues, move the card to a different slot.

You could ask permission to record calls so maybe you can hear the
sound yourself.

I would then go ahead and swap out cards.  I have had TDM400 with bad
modules and also bad ports on the cards themselves, so it could a
hardware issue.

This is what I suspect, especially if you did not put any surge
suppression on your telco lines.  Usually, at least in my experience,
ticks or beeps indicate IRQ, hissing or loud static indicate something
with/on the board is bad.  ALWAYS use surge suppression on your lines!

Thanks,
Steve Totaro