[asterisk-users] DTMF tone crashes server (Asterisk 1.4.18 with Digium TE120P)

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Wed Feb 27 09:33:58 CST 2008

arkda wrote:
> Nothing in the console aside from what I've posted. When a DTMF tone is
> played the server freezes instantly, hard reboot required.
>
> Distribution is SuSE 10.2, kernel 2.6.18.8-0.7-default
>
> The actual dialplan on this server is very simple, only one phone and a
> few Dial commands via SIP to another server.
>
> I've disabled as much as possible (including an extra NIC which botched
> by G729 codecs) to try to eliminate any IRQ issues with no luck. I've
> tried using various codecs including ulaw with dtmfmode=inband, but each
> time the server freezes.

Would you be willing to try another branch of zaptel that is currently
in beta? I would be interested if this version results in a server lock
up with your configuration.

The beta version is at:
http://svn.digium.com/svn/zaptel/team/sruffell/voicebus

If you want / need any help with this beta version, please contact me
directly.