[asterisk-users] [URGENT] Zap channels fail to load

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Feb 27 06:01:43 CST 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 10:25:28AM +0000, linuxian iandsd wrote:
> i believe your problem is at the hardware/driver/provider level so you will
> be looking at the :
> zaptel.conf & zapata.conf files
> i don't know if this will help but here is my config for a E1 euroISDN line:

But this is not the case here.

If your provider gives you a full PRI and you configure it as a
fractional PRI (and configure it properly), Asterisk will start and
configure the span. Some calls from the provider may not go through. But
that only happens after Asterisk configures the span. And the OP did not
get that far.

The problem of the OP was a failed ioctl. Which means that the version
of Asterisk was built with a version of zaptel.h that is incompatible
with the one used to build the zaptel kernel modules running on that
system.

I had a theory on how this had happened in the specific case. But so far
the OP has not confirmed or denied it.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com