[asterisk-users] Anybody installed Asterisk in a Virtuozzo VPS system???

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Tue Feb 26 18:20:10 CST 2008

Alan <mundo21+asterisk at gmail.com> writes:

> I have a small VPS server in www.eapps.com and im doing some research
> in order to install Asterisk in that server..
>
> Does anybody has installed Asterisk in a Virtuozzo VPS System??

I have done so, with success, for a SIP-only installation.  Well, into
OpenVZ which is the open source, free version of the same.

The only specific requirement was to install the dummy zaptel timer into
the hardware kernel, add the device nodes in the VE, then use the VZ
tools to allow the VE access to those devices.

Without that there was no timer (dummy, in my case) which resulted in
drifting send times for SIP connections.

Regards,
        Daniel