[asterisk-users] How to transfer an unanswered call???

Raúl Gómez C. nachogomez at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 08:44:17 CST 2008

Hi list,

I'm wondering if it's possible to transfer a call that is still ringing???

Actually, the problem is that my telco provider doesn't offer an uniform
method for answer/disconnection supervision, and by that I mean, some of
it's line (I think) offer a polarity reversal, but other lines (of the same
service provider) do not offer anything at all, so the answer of a call
can't be detected, and this is what is causing me a lot of trouble, because
when the attendant calls to one of this lines and want to transfer this call
to an internal extension the transfer fails, and the only common thing in
this situation is that the calls are marked in the CDR as "NO ANSWER".

Using the options "busydetect","busycount" and "callprogress" in the
zapata.conf file has worked fine for disconnection.

I've called the technical support of my telco provider and when I ask about
this trouble they has no clue at all of what I'm talking about.

That's why I'm looking for others method so solve this issues, any ideas???
Is my approach right?? Or there's something else I should try first???

*My setup:*
Asterisk 1.4.17
Zaptel 1.4.7.1
Sangoma Remora Card A400D with EC (2 FXS / 10 FXO)
Wanpipe 3.2.1
Grandstream GXP-2000 / GXP-2020 IP Phones

Thanks a lot for any help...

PD: This is a production system, so I can test some things but with less
flexibility than with a test system, maybe after hours...

*My config files:*

*zapata.conf:*
;autogenerated by /usr/local/sbin/config-zaptel  do not hand edit
;Zaptel Channels Configurations (zapata.conf)
;
;For detailed zapata options, view /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf.orig

[trunkgroups]

[channels]
context=default
;usecallerid=yes
;hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
;callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
relaxdtmf=yes
rxgain=0.5
txgain=0.0
group=0
callgroup=0
pickupgroup=1

callerid="Llamada Externa"
busydetect=yes
busycount=4
callprogress=yes
progzone=us
hanguponpolarityswitch=yes

immediate=no

;Sangoma A400 [slot:4 bus:16 span:1]
;context=vigilancia
context=fax
group=1
signalling = fxo_ks
channel => 1

context=fax
group=1
signalling = fxo_ks
channel => 2

context=from-zaptel
group=0
signalling = fxs_ks
channel => 3

context=from-zaptel
group=0
signalling = fxs_ks
channel => 4

context=from-zaptel
group=0
signalling = fxs_ks
channel => 5

context=from-zaptel
group=0
signalling = fxs_ks
channel => 6

;context=from-zaptel
context=fax
group=0
signalling = fxs_ks
channel => 7

context=from-zaptel
group=2
signalling = fxs_ks
channel => 8

context=from-zaptel
group=2
signalling = fxs_ks
channel => 9

context=from-zaptel
group=3
signalling = fxs_ks
channel => 10

context=from-zaptel
group=4
signalling = fxs_ks
channel => 11

context=from-zaptel
group=5
signalling = fxs_ks
channel => 12

*zaptel.conf:*
# Autogenerated by /usr/local/sbin/sangoma/setup-sangoma -- do not hand edit
# Zaptel Channels Configurations (zaptel.conf)
#
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

#Sangoma A400 [slot:4 bus:16 span:1]