[asterisk-users] Asterisk as useragent registered using 2 accounts

Rizwan Hisham rizwanhasham at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 07:50:47 CST 2008

Hi all,
I am having a strange problem. I am using my asterisk server AST1 to
register with another asterisk server AST2 using 2 accounts (2 register
commands in sip.conf). I have made 2 local users in AST1, and configured my
dialplan in such a way that both local accounts on AST1 use different trunks
to send the call to AST2 server. These 2 different trunks are for 2 accounts
i have registered on AST1.

line1 ---> trunk1(ON AST1) ---> AST2
line2 ---> trunk2(ON AST1) ---> AST2

These 2 trunks are to differentiate that the call is coming from one of the
2 registered accounts on AST1.

The problem is, my AST2 server cannot differentiate between 2 accounts. It
always dumps the cdr at the end of every call against only one of the 2
registered accounts (acc2 even if im dialing from acc1) on AST1 i.e. the
call always goes out using account-2 even if i dial from accout-1. Here is
my sip.conf

TRUNKS

[acc1]
username=acc1
type=friend
secret=123
qualify=yes
port=9060
nat=yes
insecure=port,invite
host=ip-of-my-AST2
dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=no
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=gsm

[acc2]
username=acc2
type=friend
secret=123
qualify=yes
port=9060
nat=yes
insecure=port,invite
host=ip-of-my-AST2
dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=no
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=gsm

REGSITRATION

register => acc1:123 at ip-of-my-AST2:9060
register => acc2:123 at ip-of-my-AST2:9060

local lines on AST1 use trunk acc1 and acc2 to throw calls to my AST2.

But it seems AST2 does not recognise that calls are coming from 2 different
accounts.

How can i make asterisk realize it?

--
Best Regards