[asterisk-users] FXO Cards - T38

Fernando Berretta fernando.berretta at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 07:46:30 CST 2008

Tzafir,

I'm sorry, my question wasn't clear.

Apparently Asterisk 1.6.0b2 and b4 has support for t38 because of some
modifications on app_fax so the questions are:

1 - If I use Asterisk 1.6.0b2 o b4 and a fax is received from a FXO Card
and this FXO port is forwarded to other ATA/Gateway is asterisk going to
transmit this fax using t38 ?
PSTN FAX MACHINE--------------------ASTERISK(1.6.0b2) FXO
MACHINE

2 - If the first answer is yes, if we compile app_fax with asterisk 1.4x
same behavior could be achieved ?

Regards,
Fernando