[asterisk-users] [URGENT] Zap channels fail to load

Andres Jimenez gandresin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 06:27:16 CST 2008

Comes from a previous message.

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 12:25 PM, Tzafrir Cohen
<tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:

>  Here's my guess:
>
>  You built Asterisk vs. a newer Zaptel (that happened to have the
>  Astribank drivers).
>
>  Now you reverted to the old Zaptel drivers. And those are of a version
>  before 1.4.8 . Hence the new ZT_GET_PARAMS of 1.4.8 does not exist
>  there. The ZT_GET_PARAMS ioctl Asterisk sends is thus not understood by
>  Zaptel and fails.
>
>  Unrevert to the new Zaptel version (of the modules. Stick with the
>  original zaptel.conf). Does this help?

I did build asterisk using zaptel 1.4.8 about 10 days ago. We were
having issues with DTMF , so I downgraded zaptel (rebuilding Asterisk
and libpri, of course) to 1.4.7, but the problems remained.
Anything else worked just fine, so I kept researching and no other
changes were done till today.
Zaptel 1.4.7 was working perfectly for almost 2 weeks and has the
Astribanks drivers too, so I just tried to add the Astribank to my
configuration today.

I wasn't being able to make it work, so I reverted the changes made
earlier and disconnected the Astribank trying to go back to the
previous known working config.

I have rebuild everything against Zaptel 1.4.8 and it works now, but I
am a little bit concerned about why asterisk tried to use the
functions belonging to zaptel 1.4.8.

--
Andres Jimenez

GPG : http://www.andresin.com/gpg/gandresin@gmail.com.asc