[asterisk-users] FW: jabber

Philippe Sultan philippe.sultan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 04:14:01 CST 2008

Hi Clive,

> Hi all,
> Do some one experiencing running jabber applications (jabberstatus...) in
> asterisk? I do experinced Asterisk 1.4.18 and wish to start it, however I
> got such result.
> IBM*CLI> help jabber
> No such command 'jabber'.
> IBM*CLI> help jabberstatus
> No such command 'jabberstatus'.
>

> Any one can help me on this, or may be I miss out somethings that cause
> jabber applications did'nt install.

It looks like res_jabber is not installed on your system. If
res_jabber is loaded, the output of the 'module show like jabber'
command should match the following :
*CLI> module show like jabber
Module                         Description
 Use Count
res_jabber.so                  AJI - Asterisk Jabber Interface
 0
1 modules loaded

The jabber/XMPP related modules depend on the iksemel library, which
depends on GnuTLS. Note that starting from the 1.6 series, GnuTLS is
not used anymore by res_jabber, as we moved to OpenSSL.

You should check your module installation configuration via 'make
menuselect', and make sure your system supports the libraries required
by res_jabber.

Philippe