[asterisk-users] Parked calls - can't pickup

Michelle Dupuis support at ocg.ca
Mon Feb 25 19:03:26 CST 2008

I have a simple asterisk install (1.4.18), and want to use call parking.  I
can successfully park a call (I see on the CLI that the call is parked to
701).  Everything is pretty default.

However, I can't pickup a call from another phone.  When I dial 701 from a
phone, asterisk can't find that extensions and notifies the person picking
up that the extension doesn't exist.  (It appears that asterisk is looking
for extension 701 in my dialplan).

Any idea what is wrong?  It seems like one of those RTFM questions...but
I've checked the wiki and don't see the problem.

-=Ben=-