[asterisk-users] How to get a clean, basic configuration?

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Mon Feb 25 17:19:23 CST 2008

On 2/25/08, Vincent <vincent.delporte at bigfoot.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:15:35 -0600, Tilghman Lesher
>  <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com> wrote:
>  >Generally, the rule is that you can't remove any of the res_*
>  >modules.
>

> Thanks for the tip. At this point, I have the following in
>  modules.conf, but when I type "reload", it still loads stuff I
>  disabled such as DunDI:
>
>  ==========
>
> [modules]
>  autoload=yes
>  noload => pbx_gtkconsole.so
>  noload => pbx_kdeconsole.so
>  load => res_musiconhold.so
>  noload => chan_alsa.so
>
> noload => pbx_ael.so
>  noload => pbx_dundi.so
>  noload => res_config_pgsql.so
>  noload => res_smdi.so
>

> [Feb 25 16:56:09] NOTICE[6763]: pbx_ael.c:4114 pbx_load_module: AEL
>  load process: compiled config file name
>  '/etc/asterisk/extensions.ael'.
>
>     -- Reloading module 'pbx_dundi.so' (Distributed Universal Number
>  Discovery (DUNDi))
>
>   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/dundi.conf': Found
>
> ==========
>
>  Moving the noload lines before autoload makes no difference.

To help you on your way of minimizing modules, here's some basic setup
that generally works (but you might miss some applications and
functions). The trickiest thing is that you need res_features,
otherwise you would get coredumps on boot. For me, Asterisk trimmed
down to this config loads in an eye blink.

Regards,
Atis

; ---- start of modules ----
[modules]
autoload=no

; Used applications
load => app_dial.so
load => app_playback.so
load => app_read.so

; Channel drivers
; probably you don't need chan_local, but it's nice
load => chan_local.so
load => chan_sip.so

; Codecs
load => codec_gsm.so
load => codec_ulaw.so
load => codec_alaw.so
load => codec_a_mu.so

load => format_gsm.so
load => format_pcm.so

; PBX  - choose between AEL and .conf files
; load => pbx_config.so
load => pbx_ael.so
; use pbx_spool if you want to drop .call files
load => pbx_spool.so

; Functions
load => func_strings.so
load => func_rand.so
load => func_logic.so
load => func_cut.so
load => func_callerid.so

; Resources
; if you don't have agi, you may remove this
load => res_agi.so
load => res_musiconhold.so

; res_features is required by chan_sip
load => res_features.so