[asterisk-users] DUNDi with two servers

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Sun Feb 24 13:08:59 CST 2008

On Sunday 24 February 2008 02:01:10 am arkda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having difficulties with using DUNDi between two servers. If it were
> three I think I could control looping by limiting TTL, but with two I'm not
> sure how to prevent a loop causing bad things to happen. I've tried ttl=1
> but things still blow up.
>
> The DUNDi configurations are pretty simple and work just fine in both
> directions as long as only one of them is using the switch =>
> DUNDi/context. dundi lookup <number>@dundified works great as well as test
> calls.
>
> What is the proper method of handling DUNDi between only two servers?
> Should I be using a dummy context on one server to handle this?
>
> I'm listing the relevant files below for only one server for brevities
> sake.
>
> -----------------------------------
> dundi.conf
>
> [general]
> department=Test Lab
> organization=My Test lab
> locality=Anywhere
> stateprov=CA
> country=US
> email=email at email.com
> phone=+5555555555
> entityid=00:11:22:33:44:55
> cachetime=5
> ttl=1
> autokill=yes
>
> [mappings]
> dundified =>
> internal,0,SIP,${NUMBER}@server1.domain.com<NUMBER%7D at server1.domain.com>
> ,nopartial
>
> [55:44:33:22:11:00]
> model=symmetric
> host=server2.domain.com
> inkey=dundikey
> outkey=dundikey
> include=dundified
> permit=dundified
> qualify=yes
> order=primary
>
> -----------------------------------
> extensions.conf
>
> [general]
> static = yes
> writeprotect = no
> clearglobalvars = no
>
> [globals]
>
> [default]
> include => internal
> include => parkedcalls
>
> [internal]
> include => external
> include => parkedcalls
> switch => DUNDi/dundified
>
> exten => 300,1,Dial(SIP/300)
> exten => 300,n,Hangup()
> exten => 5551234567,1,Goto(300,1)
>
> exten => 301,1,Dial(SIP/301)
> exten => 301,n,Hangup()
> exten => 8885551212,1,Goto(301,1)
>
> exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial({$EXTEN}@voipprovider)
> exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,n,Hangup()
>
> [external]
> exten => 5551234567,1,Goto(internal,300,1)
>
> -----------------------------------
> sip.conf
>
> [dundified]
> type=friend
> dbsecret=dundi/secret
> [...]

i believe that you don't want to have your mappings point to a context that
includes the switch => DUNDi/... statement.  The switch is what a server uses
to interface to the rest of the DUNDi world.  your mappings should point to
what a particular host is serving up, not including the rest of the DUNDi
world.

--
Anthony -  http://messinet.com - http://messinet.com/~amessina/gallery
8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E