[asterisk-users] Call limits per server with Iax

Tom Moore tmoore at issvsat.com
Sun Feb 24 00:25:52 CST 2008

If I'm using an Iax trunk between two sites what is the suggested number of
calls to pass over this trunk before I run in to problems?
Also is this number based on a per peer basis or all Iax calls going through
the server in general?
I know this will depend on the bandwidth I have between the sites, but lets
take this variable out of the question and assume I have more than enough
bandwidth to go around for the calls I want to process.
Also to make things easy lets say I have g729 encoder cards in each server
at both ends of the link.
Will Iax scale well enough to allow me to pass the 92 calls or whatever the
number of g729 encoder cards have for the number of encoding licenses on the
cards?

Thanks,
tom