[asterisk-users] Need some dialplan help

Gleim, Jason jgleim at ats-ohio.com
Sat Feb 23 17:29:00 CST 2008

I'm hoping someone can give me a little dialplan assistance. Here is my
scenario...

I currently have an AT&T T1 connected to a Nortel Optn 11. I recently
purchased a Rhino system with a Rhino dual T1 card. What I want to do is
insert the Rhino box between the CO and the Nortel on the T1 so I can
start migrating users over to the Asterisk system in the near future.
But, in the meantime, I basically need to take all the calls that come
into the Rhino box on the first T1 (Zap/g0) just go back out on the
second T1 (Zap/g1). We have a number of DIDs that come in on that T1 and
I need them all transparently bridged for the time being.

We are running the latest Trix install on the Rhino box and I've setup
an inbound route for Zap/g0 that will dump into a custom context
(custom-nortel,s,1) Where I need the help is on the custom context part.
I'm not that strong with the Dial command and I want to make sure I get
it right because I have a very limited time to cut in the physical
insertion and I can't spend the time debugging it when it goes live.

Right now, I literally started with this:

[custom-nortel]
;This custom extension will take calls and put them on the outbound
trunk to the Nortel
exten => s,1,NoOp()
exten => s,n,Set(DIALDIGITS = ${EXTEN})	;This should put the DID info
into DIALDIGITS
exten => s,n,Dial(Zap/1/${DIALDIGITS},,gjo)	;Dial the Nortel with
the same DID that we were called with

I know I've still got to handle voicemail and such but my main question
is if this will do what I'm looking for? Anyone done something like this
before that would have some insight?

Thanks,
Jason