[asterisk-users] FXO Cards - T38

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Sat Feb 23 07:20:40 CST 2008

Steve Underwood wrote:

> I thought * was still not capable for T.38 gateway operation. Doesn't
> beta 4 just added T.38 termination? And, I believe it misses out some
> key elements of doing that properly. Note that T.38 termination is an
> addon, so it can't be used with, say, G.729.
>> The only real option available at the moment is to keep one PSTN line on
>> an ATA with an FXO port and T.38 support available and direct calls from
>> the fax machines through to it.  However, I should point out that while
>> I believe this should be possible, I haven't actually tried it myself.

The new asterisk T.38 functionality is from the Asterisk addons 1.6.0b2
version of app_fax (and a few small changes in 1.6.0b4), which I thought
someone would have mentioned to you, since it does use spandsp.

(Or at least the configure script checks for spandsp, I haven't actually
looked at the code).