[asterisk-users] Music on hold

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Fri Feb 22 19:31:55 CST 2008

Replying to my own post.  Asterisk uses indications.conf when it has to
provide tones AFTER the line is answered.  You might get a message on
the console like "Unable to handle indication 15" or something like that.

Eric Wieling wrote:
> Don't answer the line.  Also try using the US indications, just in case
> something odd is in the NL setup.
>
> Fons van der Beek wrote:
>> Tnx.
>>
>> I checked /etc/asterisk/indications.conf and my default location nl
>> is listed in the options
>>
>> So i am still puzzled
>>

>> my extensions.conf in respect to incomming calls (as basic as possible)
>>
>> exten => s,1,Answer
>> exten => s,2,queue(receptie|r)
>> exten => s,3,Voicemail(201)
>>
>> everything else works as it should work, but no "ringing" on an external
>> line
>>
>> on the other hand, internaly: it's ok
>>
>> exten => 205,1,queue(receptie|r)
>> exten => 205,2,busy
>>
>> 205 gives ringing
>>

>> Eric Wieling schreef:
>>> This problem would happen if you did not have
>>> /etc/asterisk/indications.conf

Consulting for Asterisk, Polycom, Sangoma, Digium, Cisco, LAN, WAN, QoS,
T-1, PRI, Frame Relay, Linux, and network design.  Based near
Birmingham, AL.  Now accepting clients worldwide.