[asterisk-users] FXO Cards - T38

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Fri Feb 22 17:14:45 CST 2008

Not unless you're running CallWeaver or Asterisk 1.6.0-beta4.  Asterisk
has had passthrough support for T.38 for a while (somewhere in 1.4 it
became available IIRC) but is currently completely incapable of
terminating or encoding a fax call to T.38.

The only real option available at the moment is to keep one PSTN line on
an ATA with an FXO port and T.38 support available and direct calls from
the fax machines through to it.  However, I should point out that while
I believe this should be possible, I haven't actually tried it myself.