[asterisk-users] Linksys SPA-942 Phones

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Fri Feb 22 14:38:31 CST 2008

> *       How do the phones handling system wide paging? Is it similar to the
> Polycom phones?

No idea I'm afraid, none of our clients use paging functionality.

> *       Can a corporate directory be configured with the phones using Asterisk?

Yes and no. You can set up a directory on a per-phone basis through the web interface, but it isn't overwritten by a provisioning config. You can fudge the issue some with curl and a php (or insert choice of preferred scripting language) script.

> *       How is the speaker phone quality?

Excellent. Noticably better than either the Snom 370 or Snom 300 that also populate my desk. Polycoms are a bit harder to come by here in the UK, so I haven't had much experience with them and can't do a direct comparison, but definitely much better than the speakerphones in the Snom units. I would say on a par with the Cisco 7960 (which also graces my desk).

Regards,

Chris
For full contact details visit http://www.minotaur.it