[asterisk-users] NOKIA E series Phone for SIP-VOIP calling

Michael Iedema michael at askozia.com
Fri Feb 22 13:16:40 CST 2008

On 2/22/08, amit salunkhe <amitsalunkhe21 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>     i want to Buy Nokia E series Phone which have InBulit SIP-VOIP Calling
> client so i can make VOIP calls thru that phone. Aslo that Phone easly able
> to register with Asterisk Pbx to recive inter-office calls.
> i try to search from web & also from Nokia site but they only mention this
> features as "VOIP call from wifi" they mentioed only this much info. they
> not mentioed info about inbulit SIP client to make voip calls without
> download any third party software.
>      as per my search i found this 3 phones E51,E61i,E65

I have an E65 and it works quite well with my Asterisk install. No
extra software needed, everything is built into those phones. The
menus aren't exactly intuitive to get it setup the first time and
roaming between access points could be better. All in all I'm happy
though.

If you do get an E65, make sure you update your firmware to
2.0633.65.01 or greater. It solves a large number of SIP related
problems.

-Michael