[asterisk-users] How to get a clean, basic configuration?

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Fri Feb 22 09:15:35 CST 2008

On Friday 22 February 2008 04:55:13 Vincent wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 22:04:41 +0200, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> >For the brave: use modules.conf without 'autoload = yes'. This promises
> >you many hours of interesting dialplan debugging. Enjoy.
>
> Yup, that's what I anticipated, which is why I was asking which
> modules I can _safely_ remove without breaking things :-)

Generally, the rule is that you can't remove any of the res_*
modules.  If you follow that rule, you can then start to work out the
applications, functions, and channels that you don't want.  The codecs
and formats modules are usually too small to consider disabling, unless
it is absolutely critical for space (such as on embedded systems, where
you generally don't want any transcoding anyway).

--
Tilghman