[asterisk-users] Interrupt VM and Steal a call.

Michael Munger michael at highpoweredhelp.com
Fri Feb 22 08:05:17 CST 2008

Two questions:

1.       Does anyone have a good way to transfer a call from inside
comedian mail to the current extension? The problem is: let's say the
phone goes to voicemail after 4 rings, yet I don't hear it until the 3rd
ring. I come running into my office but miss it by a split second. Is
there a way I can barge in on the person leaving a message for my
mailbox while they're leaving it?

2.       If a phone rings a receptionist desk, and the receptionist is
down the hall, she wants to be able to dial an extension, and have that
transfer the call from her desk to the phone she's currently on so she
doesn't have to run to her desk. Is there a built in feature for this or
do I have to code it?

Yours,

Michael Munger, dCAP

404-438-2128