[asterisk-users] Asterisk, Zaptel and the Kernal Compatibility Matrix

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 06:59:14 CST 2008

Hello,

This was about a year ago when we abandoned putting new systems on the
2.4.33 kernel. About that time we started having other vendors stop
supporting it very well also so it wasn't only that card that we were
having issues with. The problems were related to the CRC Linux modules
and zaptel not liking them in 2.4.

One very interesting side note, on identical hardware we got 5-10%
better Asterisk performance on a 2.4 kernel than we got on 2.6
kernels.

Overall we are happy with 2.6 and it's new features and we don't
really want to go back at this point. I just wanted to mention our
experiences with kernel problems.

Thanks,

MATT---