[asterisk-users] Voted most stable and easy to use phone?

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Fri Feb 22 06:01:21 CST 2008

They have their ups and downs.  If you live outside the US, localising
your tones is a pain in the proverbial since you have to define every
tone by frequency combination and intervals, although I guess you do
only need to do it once.

One other shortcoming of the 942 is the lack of any usable BLF buttons
at all.  I'm led to believe that one of the upcoming firmware releases
will allow you to use the four line buttons as BLF buttons, but since
you need at least two line buttons in order to be able to transfer a
call, that means you realistically would only get two BLF keys - not
many - especially if you're used to the Snoms or Grandstreams (hack, spit)

The 962s are /really/ nice phones, albeit somewhat more expensive.  The
large colour display is /very/ nice, and button banks for the 962s are
available and very cheap compared to many other options, even if they do
look a little cheap.