[asterisk-users] load balancing SIP extensions

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 05:42:39 CST 2008

What I would like to do is have two identical *
servers which accept registrations of sip extensions
4000-4999.

If I define a rrDNS or LinuxHA then I should have
load-balanced registrations.

However, say ext. 4001 is registered on *1 and 4002 is
registered on *2, if 4001 tries to call 4002 then I
would like to do something like:
- lookup 4002 on *1, try to establish a call if it's
REGISTERED here
- if it's not registered here then try to look it up
on *2 and establish the call there

I tried to use DUNDi on my local servers but I can't
seem to make it work. Most howtos out there explain
the use of DUNDi when the extension ranges do not
overlap.
So in my case where both *1 and *2 have the same local
extension range 4XXX, can I go the DUNDi route or
should I stop bashing my head on that and explore
another solution?

If someone has configured a similar system then I'd
greatly appreciate some tips.
I read a few dundi docs like
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-DUNDi.

Thanks