[asterisk-users] Polycom Key Assignment

Jose Quinteiro asterisk at quinteiro.org
Wed Feb 20 19:57:53 CST 2008

Not familiar with the 430s.  Looks like they have 4 keys under the LCD
vs 3 for the 320s.

Let me give you another example.  I tried remapping the  right-most key
on a 320 to "DND".  This key is usually a "DIR" key, and in many
contexts it becomes a backspace key which is labeled "<<".  The
functionality changed, but the labels did not.  Even though it still
said "DIR" in the idle context, its function was "DND".  Worse, it got
labeled "<<" in keypad-entry contexts, but it /still/ functioned as a
"DND" key.  So you'd flail away at it, wondering why it wasn't
backspacing, and the whole time you were just toggling DND on and off.

I also tried remapping the other two, and had similar results.

If you find the 430s behave similarly, your best bet is to remap a key
with a "hard" label, i.e. one of the ones that is not under the LCD.

Saludos,
Jose.