[asterisk-users] Need to Connect offices in Dubai and Pakistan

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Wed Feb 20 13:52:04 CST 2008

How about a computer with a copy of asterisk at each end?

You'd need good network connectivity between them.  A recent post by
Gordon Henderson states that GSM calls can take up to 32K/sec with IP
overhead, less probably if they are trunked into an IAX connection.  For
landline quality, Gordon states you'd need 80K/sec per call.  Assuming
you can meet these requirements (consider the number of concurrent
calls) then go for it.

To use existing analog phones at your offices you'd need some FXS ports
or a channel bank.  Or you could upgrade to IP phones.

Mojo