[asterisk-users] Connecting a Rolm CBX to Asterisk via T1?

Joshua Kinard jkinard at closeup.org
Wed Feb 20 10:53:34 CST 2008

-----Original Message-----
Joshua,

> You probably mean a T100P? The single E1/T1 card? Been a few years but I
> remember seeing the NMI Errors on a HP DL380 (the Intel dual Xeon
> model).

Nah, it's classified as a D110P, although the driver says TE110P.  And I checked to make sure I had the onboard jumper rigged for T1 (open), not E1 mode (closed).  There's another, unidentified jumper on the board too, but I'm not sure what it's for.

> Seen this one. Actually now I think of it I've seen those as far back as
> before Asterisk 0.7 with Dell servers.
>
> The DL380 & T100P (E1) setup was only used in a test for a couple of
> months and never taken into production so I don't have any recent data.

Hmm, so is it possible this card I have is a prototype that wasn't supposed to ever make it to the market?  I've seen it in quite a few online stores.

That said, because you've also seen similar issues in a HP Proliant system that's very similar to the DL385 G1, suggests it could be related to something weird HP does in this class of system that this driver and card don't seem to like very much.  I've got to run some diagnostics later today on it to verify there's nothing bad with the hardware, but I've also checked for BIOS updates and haven't seen anything new for this system.  And I know going through HP's support will be utterly pointless, given their phone people barely speak English anymore.

Thanks for the info!,

--jkinard