[asterisk-users] MeetMe Admin Functions

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Tue Feb 19 11:01:12 CST 2008

In article <5ED7AD82D22AE34E9000DDEAE5C999512D9DE6CEA0 at exchsvr.txhmg.com>,
Jeremy Mann <jmann at txhmg.com> wrote:

> Is there any way that I can have an admin user hit * and then Mute all other users in a
> meetme conference?  Sort of a moderator function?
>
> I know it can be done with MeetMeAdmin, but as I see it that requires a separate extension
> to dial, unless I've got the logic wrong?
>
> If it can be done in a single extension please show examples.

Use the X option in MeetMe to allow a single digit to be entered which
will exit the conference and go to that extension number. This is used
without pressing * first.

At that extension you can execute MeetMeAdmin on the same conference to
mute all the non-admin users, and then execute MeetMe again to go straight
back into the conference. e.g.

[conf]
; conference must be defined or saved in channel variable CONF
; note that _X. matches 2 digits or more,
; leaving single digit exts available
exten => _X.,1,NoOp(entering conference ${CONF})
exten => _X.,n,Set(SAVEDEXTEN=${EXTEN})
exten => _X.,n,MeetMe(${CONF},X)
exten => _X.,n,Hangup

; allow user to press 5 to mute all users
exten => 5,1,NoOp(muting conference ${CONF})
exten => 5,n,MeetMeAdmin(${CONF},N)
exten => 5,n,Goto(${SAVEDEXTEN},1)

; allow user to press 6 to unmute all users
exten => 6,1,NoOp(unmuting conference ${CONF})
exten => 6,n,MeetMeAdmin(${CONF},n)
exten => 6,n,Goto(${SAVEDEXTEN},1)

Hope this helps!

Cheers