[asterisk-users] Request for testing: Distributed device state

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Mon Feb 18 20:43:02 CST 2008

Greetings,

One of the things that I have been working with off and on is a new event API
for Asterisk.  Most of the current infrastructure was written almost a year ago.
However, just recently, I extended this system to be able to allow device states
to be shared within a cluster of Asterisk servers.

The current system for distributed events is designed for a high speed LAN.
However, I also have plans to extend this to DUNDi so that it can be used within
a DUNDi network, as well.

If you are interested in this work, I would appreciate any help with testing.  I
have documented how to set it up and how I used some custom states to verify the
functionality.

To download the code:

$ svn co http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/team/russell/events asterisk-events

For information on setup and testing: