[asterisk-users] Cisco SIP Gateway

Tuukka Laurikainen tuukka at kertek.com
Mon Feb 18 14:33:09 CST 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 19:14 +0000, Razza wrote:
> Is anyone using a cisco router as an ISDN gateway with Asterisk?
> As you might have seen from a couple of my threads, I have been
> looking at Fritz! and Cologne cards, both of which require
> development against a specific version of asterisk/zaptel (e.g.
> chan_capi), which is intrusdive and causes a lag in deployment.
> I was thinking a better approach might be to use a seperate gateway,
> such as a Cisco 1751 with VIC-2BRI-NT/TE talking SIP to Asterisk, much
> like like an SPA3K in the analogue world.
> Any success stories?

Working with various Cisco 2821 with PRIs, works perfectly. You
shouldn't have any problem running Cisco routers for this (although I
haven't used BRI for voice, I'm sure it'll work equally well). Just make
sure you have the dsp's necessary installed for the simultaneous calls
on the router you're planning to use.

Regards,

Tuukka