[asterisk-users] Cisco SIP Gateway

Yehavi Bourvine +972-8-9489444 YEHAVI at VMS.HUJI.AC.IL
Mon Feb 18 13:49:00 CST 2008

> Is anyone using a cisco router as an ISDN gateway with Asterisk?
> As you might have seen from a couple of my threads, I have been looking at
> Fritz! and Cologne cards, both of which require development against a
> specific version of asterisk/zaptel (e.g. chan_capi), which is intrusdive
> and causes a lag in deployment.
> I was thinking a better approach might be to use a seperate gateway, such as
> a Cisco 1751 with VIC-2BRI-NT/TE talking SIP to Asterisk, much like like an
> SPA3K in the analogue world.
> Any success stories?

I am using a Cisco router as a PRI gateway with SIP. I have no experience with
BRI, but it should work as long as you have DSP cards for voice processing
(the BRI card can do only data calls, and DSPs are needed for voice).

                                                   __Yehavi: