[asterisk-users] Cisco SIP Gateway

John Novack novackster at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 13:48:23 CST 2008

There has been some success using the 3810 series routers with a SIP
image as an up to 6 port gateway.
One fellow has even been able to come out of the 3810 T1 port into a
channel bank and derive up to 30 channels, 24 from the T1 and 6 from the
AVM with daughter boards.
No extensive testing has been done regarding how many simultaneous
channels can be up at one time, but that was not the intended use
This even works with the minimal 3810 equipped with 8 Meg Flash and 32
Meg Ram

John Novack

Razza wrote:
> Is anyone using a cisco router as an ISDN gateway with Asterisk?
> As you might have seen from a couple of my threads, I have been
> looking at Fritz! and Cologne cards, both of which require
> development against a specific version of asterisk/zaptel (e.g.
> chan_capi), which is intrusdive and causes a lag in deployment.
> I was thinking a better approach might be to use a seperate gateway,
> such as a Cisco 1751 with VIC-2BRI-NT/TE talking SIP to Asterisk, much
> like like an SPA3K in the analogue world.
> Any success stories?

Dog is my co-pilot