[asterisk-users] Failure of Sending Voicemail As an attachment in E-mail

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon Feb 18 05:11:00 CST 2008

On Feb 17, 2008 11:30 PM, srinivas Antarvedi
<srinivas.antarvedi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am struggling with sending voicemail as an attachement in Email.
>
> When i have given the email like someone at gmail.com it is delivering
> to my gamil account perfectly(of course to spam folder).
>
> But when i given the email like someone at mycompanymail.com it is not
> delivering to my company email account..
>
> What should i do ?
>
> Actually my company is using a third party email server..
>
> Just give me a hint
>
> Thanks in advance for your reply
>
> Regards
> Srinivas Antarvedi

I would suspect you have a DNS issue except you mention that you use a
3rd party email server, so I am not exactly sure what that means.  Is
your "3rd Party" email server inside your network?

I find Webmin to be a great tool to easily see what is going on with a
server if you like GUIs, take a look at sendmail and then then the
queues section.

You could also take a look at /var/mail/root and look for the problem there.

You will need to look for something similar to below to shed light on
your issue:
... while talking to [127.0.0.1]:
AUTH=root at localhost.localdomain
<<< 553 5.5.4 <root at localhost.localdomain>... Real domain name