[asterisk-users] Fritz! Card/CAPI Help.

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.to
Sun Feb 17 20:48:55 CST 2008

Quoting Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net>:

> There are patches inside that will work on Debian as well, just get
> the src.rpm and pick out the patches.

Now, why am I not surprised? Actually, if I had known this back in
early December, I'd be following your advice and thanking you now. I
previously used these cards with Hylafax (and capi4hylafax), but the
drivers supplied by AVM would not compile for kernel 2.6.18 after I
upgraded to Debian etch.

It was after I ran into this trouble that I was advised to use Cologne
cards with Asterisk and IAXmodem instead; it was supposed to be a much
more satisfying solution. I can't agree more! Okay, I still have to
compile the Zaptel modules, but at least I no longer have to compile
the fcpi module as well and pray that the next time a new kernel comes
out I'll be able to repeat the process.

Or, do you think the AVM Fritz!Card PCI has some advantage over an
HFC-S Cologne card?

Cheers,

Jaap