[asterisk-users] Fritz! Card/CAPI Help.

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.to
Sun Feb 17 10:58:50 CST 2008

Quoting Razza <razza30 at gmail.com>:

> I'm running - 2.6.23.15-137.fc8 which appears to be supported at ATrpms.
> I built a F8 box, added ATrpms to the repository list, executed yum -y
> install fcpci, which forced a kernel upgrade.

Unfortunately, I can't test any of this since I'm running a Debian server.

> I installed the drivers/kernel drivers from ATrpms (
> http://dl.atrpms.net/all/fcpci-03.11.07-14.fc8.i386.rpm and
> ... ).

It seems you're in luck to some degree. I downloaded these files and
examined the links within, but they simply point back to the AVM site
that still offers the old driver versions. I guess your versions are a
hack.

> Thanks for the heads up on the Cologne cards, if they work with just zaptel
> updates thats probably the easiest method, although Fritz! cards are
> available on ebay for about £5!

The Cologne cards aren't expensive either: EUR 29,- to EUR 35,- in the
Netherlands. I got one for only EUR 10,- recently. But even if the
Cologne cards are more expensive than the Fritz! cards, and even if I
could get the Fritz! cards to work on Debian again, it does indeed
sound like the Cologne cards a lot easier to configure and maintain.

Cheers,

Jaap