[asterisk-users] Fritz! Card/CAPI Help.

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.to
Sat Feb 16 19:47:57 CST 2008

Quoting Razza <razza30 at gmail.com>:

> Hi list, i'm keen to move to Asterisk 1.6, so really need to update my
> system which is running Mandrake 9.2 although it has been solid for years,
> fo Fedora 8. I have a Fritz! card for ISDN BRI, ... I 'modprobe capi' and
> 'modprobe fcpci' which appear to work fine, ...

Interesting. I still have several AVM Fritz!Cards, but I stopped using
them after I upgraded my server because I could no longer get them to
work. I used to compile the fcpci module for kernel 2.6.8, but it
doesn't work with 2.6.18. AFAIK, AVM haven't bothered to produce any
new Linux code for these cards since July 2005 (even though they still
sell them):

    ftp://ftp.avm.de/cardware/fritzcrd.pci/linux/

Or, is newer fcpci code available from somewher else that will compile
against later kernels? Your message seems to suggest this. Are you
sure fcpci is loaded (lsmod)? I don't think the CAPI stuff will load
without it.

Anyway, I've since switched to using Cologne cards instead. You have
to compile some Zaptel modules for them. These cards are cheaper,
easier to obtain and work just fine.

Cheers,

Jaap