[asterisk-users] Digium stopped TDM400P production: alternatives??

Darrick Hartman (lists) dhartman at djhsolutions.com
Sat Feb 16 10:27:20 CST 2008

Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> On Friday 15 February 2008 23:53:19 asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
> wrote:

>> Practically any manufacturer gives similar support including ssh'ing
>> in the users box.
>
> Really?  Which manufacturers, specifically, will allow you to call up, get
> remote assistance, and help you get the card working like this?

I'm not the person who wrote the original message, but I do know that
Rhino will also ssh into a box if there is a problem. I started using
Rhino cards because, at the time, Digium did not offer an analog card
with built in echo cancellation. Most of my systems are single PCI
setups (so even a separate echo cancellation card that requires a 2nd
PCI slot does me no good).

Apart from the occasional echo problems (which can be minimized with
tuning), the TDM400p was a decent card.  I'd buy Digium cards again but
as a small business owner, it's much easier to stock replacement parts
for one vendor (if someone's phone system goes down, they can't wait a
day for replacement parts).

> I'd also like to know why you're posting anonymously, instead of standing
> behind your words.

Yeah, that annoys the heck out of me too!  If you're going to criticize
or recommend something post with your real identity.  That way people
can make a reasonable conclusion on your advice.

Who knows...perhaps the Shadow knows [1].

[1]:  http://www.mysterynet.com/shadow/

--
Darrick Hartman
DJH Solutions, LLC