[asterisk-users] Variable setting in AMI Originate

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Fri Feb 15 10:21:33 CST 2008

Anthony Messina wrote:
> Working with asterisk 1.4; using the AMI Originate command, it is possible to
> do something like:
>
> Variable: CDR(accountcode)123456
>
> Or must the variable names be "var[n]" where n is a number?
>
> I'd like to set the accountcode for a Local channel that originates a call.
>
> Thanks.  -A

Anthony,

I may not understand your question, but setting variables from the AMI is easy
enough:

Action: Originate
Channel: local/${DEV_NAME}@Management
Context: to_meetme
Exten: s
Variable: CALLERID(num)=${DEV_NAME}|CALLERID(name)=Conference Waiting
Async: true

--
Warm Regards,

Lee

"Everything I needed to learn in life, I learned selling encyclopedias door to
door."