[asterisk-users] ISDN PRIs and taking a server down formaintenance - blocking issue

Andrew Smith andrews at meadeplc.com
Fri Feb 15 08:42:40 CST 2008

Yes the 'stop gracefully' is what effectively blocks the calls as the telco
seems to take it as we are answering the calls instead of seeing them as
busy.

I will look at implementing some sort of way of busying out all the zaptel
channels, so that we eventually busy out all 120 channels (4x E1) and then
can cleanly take the server offline while our telco presents the calls to
the next Asterisk servers correctly.

This would be a great way of busying out the server for maintenance while
still allowing our inbound calls.

Many thanks,
Andrew

  _____