[asterisk-users] HPEC

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Feb 15 06:18:27 CST 2008

Al lists wrote:
> Just wondering how your experience is with HPEC,
> Is it just for analog interfaces or we can use it on TE122 as well?

The HPEC can be used with any Zaptel-supported interface, but we don't
provide free licenses for people to use them with T1/E1 cards, because
the potential CPU load running HPEC on 24/30 channels in 128ms mode is
quite high and could cause problems on the system. However, if you don't
have that many active channels at once, or you have a very powerful
system, or many other variables are in your favor, you can certainly
give it a try.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies