[asterisk-users] G729 transcoding and "clicking"

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Fri Feb 15 03:18:34 CST 2008

Hello,

We have an Asterisk server receiving calls using G711 (ulaw). This
server has rerouters de calls to other server using G729 (we bought the
codecs, installed, sip show channels shows the codec properly, etc.)

Using G729, there is a "click" while talking. Well, more than a click it
seems that voice is missing during some ms (maybe 100 ms?)

Using G711 we don't have any click.

Where we could watch for it? Is it possible to add some Jitter buffer?

Thank you,

--
Carles Pina i Estany		GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
	http://pinux.info	Manresa - Barcelona