[asterisk-users] gtalk and dtmf

Adam KOSA adamk at 3a.hu
Thu Feb 14 17:20:58 CST 2008

Hi,

i've just finished setting up gtalk connection with asterisk.  it works
nice, audio is full duplex.

i just have one question which i could not find an exact answer to.  Is
gtalk able to send dtmf codes?  Because i'd like to listen to my
voicemails while away from home.

I've been googling for half an hour, i found some sort of jingle
protocol which i'm not sure what to use for but it might be the
solution?  It seems to me that my problem is sending the dtmf tones, not
receiving them, so this is really gtalk related.

I'm writing here because i read many of you have successfully integrated
gtalk to asterisk and hoping somebody have a solution or at least some
direction where i can move forward to.

thanks
Adam