[asterisk-users] Telephone line signaling configuration in Egypt for FXO ports

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 14 13:49:40 CST 2008

Hi;

The PBX located in Egypt at Cairo city.

I am able to receive calls on the FXO ports at 3rd and
4th ports, but I am not able to place outgoing call
(it gives busy tone that coming from the service
provider, or it gives an voice message from the
service provider that the dialed number is wrong).

I am posting now the needed data that I was able to
collect it:

Asterisk version: Asterisk SVN-branch-1.4-r90231

localhost*CLI> show globals
   ignorepat=9
   TRUNKMSD=1
   IAXINFO=guest
   CONSOLE=Console/dsp
   PSTNTRUNK=Zap/g1
   TRUNK=Zap/g2

zap show status
Description                              Alarms
IRQ        bpviol     CRC4
Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 1           OK         0
        0          0

zap show cadences
r1: 125,125,2000,4000
r2: 250,250,500,1000,250,250,500,4000
r3: 125,125,125,125,125,4000
r4: 1000,500,2500,5000

zapata.conf:

[channels]
rxwink=300		; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks
usecallerid=no
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=no
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=no
echotraining=no
relaxdtmf=yes
rxgain=15.0
txgain=15.0
group=1
channel => 3
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=yes
busydetect=yes
busycount=3
hanguponpolarityswitch=yes
callprogress=yes

context=Internal
signalling=fxo_ks
channel => 1,2

context=External
signalling=fxs_ks
channel => 3,4

zaptel.conf:

loadzone = uk
defaultzone=uk
fxoks=1,2
fxsks=3,4

Any advise?
Regards
Bilal

---------------------
> Hi All;
>
> I am facing a problem that the telephon line in
Egypt
> does not work with the FXO port at the digium card
> (TDM22B), and I tried to play in loadzone and
> defaultzone without any success, when we call to the
> PBX it gives Busy signal sometimes, and othertimes
it
> rings without any response in Asterisk.
>
> Is there any other configuration I have to do it to
> resolve this issue? Any advise about a
troubleshooting
> method to resolve it?

What version of zaptel? What do you have in
zaptel.conf?