[asterisk-users] Asterisk Manager and Visual Basic

Bill Andersen andersen at mwdental.com
Wed Feb 13 14:31:01 CST 2008

Has anyone tried to used VB6 to communicate with the Asterisk Manager?

If so, would you be willing to share some basic code showing your
approach to getting connected and parsing results?

I've got a Telnet control that is allowing me to connect, authenticate
and see the "flow" of status, etc., but I'm sure there is a better way
to do this without using Telnet (maybe not?).  Any suggestions?

I want to write a presence monitor (a virtual "sidecar" if you will)

Bill